Ayurvedic Mind-Body Healing Through the Senses
The modern “self-care” movement has revolutionized how mainstream culture thinks about well-being in the past decade. However, self-care has ancient roots, and is integral to the ancient healing art of Ayurveda. Unlike the spa experiences, expensive skin care, and escapist retreats that we associate with self-care in our modern times, however, Ayurveda approaches self-care from a much more accessible place: your own senses.
According to Ayurveda, we engage with the world primarily through our senses: sound, touch, sight, taste, and smell. Not only do our senses take in information that helps us understand our place in the world, but they allow us to experience the existence of the five elements in us—the Ayurvedic principle that we are microcosms of the macrocosm. In this way, our senses help us to feel a sense of belonging in the home of our bodies and in the world at large. When we pay attention to our senses through daily routines, our diet, and lifestyle, we’re better able to notice when imbalances are beginning to accumulate in our systems, and, better still, prevent them.
Why explore sense-care?
- Practice rest and nourishment for free and anytime
- Step away from the distraction, pressure, and judgment of the modern materialist “self-care” industry
- Personalize a daily hygiene and mindfulness routine to support body, mind, and spirit
- Support chronic, seasonal, and acute imbalances in digestion, sleep, energy, mood, stress, and more
- Integrate life, work, and rest in a balanced, but not rigid, way
- Improve relationships and communication with family, friends, coworkers—by starting with yourself
- Restore your connection to the natural world and your circadian rhythm
- Connect with a higher sense of purpose, acceptance, and belonging
In each of the program’s five modules, one for each sense/element, you’ll learn about how Ayurveda defines the function and processes performed by each element and its corresponding sensory activity in our bodies. We’ll dive into three common imbalances (affecting body, mind, and spirit) with a root cause in that element, and receive a recipe, sense-care practice, and 30-minute yoga practice (including meditation and pranayama) to help bring balance to that element. Through this holistic presentation of how to care for our senses from the inside and out, you’ll come away with a personalized set of practices to support you through all the seasons of the year, and of your life.
The modules are designed to work together in a sequence, the way that the elements in nature build on each other, but you can also pick and choose individual modules to curate a sense-care routine that’s most relevant to you. A new module will be released every three weeks from January through April 2022, but they are completely self-paced and can be started and resumed at any time. You will have access to the modules for 1 year after purchase, and all supplemental materials will be downloadable to keep forever.
Plus, you can join me for free live discussions on the senses and elements throughout the first half of 2022 in the BeNourished Sattva Sangha.
What you get
Each module includes:
- Introductory video to sense-care
- Introductory video the sense / element and 3 featured imbalances
- PDF recipe for each imbalance (3 total)
- Video and PDF instructions of sense-care practice for each imbalance (3 total)
- Video 30-minute yoga/pranayama/meditation practice for each imbalance (3 total)
→ 9 ways to support your senses inside and out!
Individual modules: $108
Bundle all 5 modules: $500
Module 1: Space / Sound
Launches January 18, 2022
Gas and bloating
Distraction, attention disorders, and brain fog
Grief and loneliness
Module 2: Air / Touch
Launches February 8, 2022
Dryness—skin, hair, nails, internal and external
Anxious feelings and restlessness
Module 3: Fire / Sight
Launches March 1, 2022
Inflamed digestion (loose stools, IBS, Chron’s)
Migraines and headaches
Module 4: Water / Taste
Launches March 22, 2022
Sinus infections, mucus, and congestion
Maintaining healthy habits
Dependent relationships, emotional clinging, and grudges
Module 5: Earth / Smell
Launches April 12, 2022
Emotional eating and healthy weight
Chronic fatigue and excessive sleep
Depressive feelings, lack of motivation