- This event has passed.
Eternal Beauty: Ayurvedic Skin Care for Every Season of Life
June 2 @ 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM$35
In Western culture, healthy skin is something we approach from the outside-in, with makeup and products and procedures that seek to destroy imperfections and conform to an arbitrary standard of beauty. Ayurveda takes a different route: Beginning from the inside—with digestion, stress, sleep, and more—we see the skin as a reflection of how all the systems of the body are functioning and communicating.
This workshop will introduce you to the fundamentals of Ayurvedic skin care, just in time for the season when most of us are interested in baring more skin: summer. Preparing ourselves to handle increased exposure to heat during the pitta time of year, we can help our skin function as an organ of digestion and elimination while increasing its potential to glow from within. At the same time, these daily rituals for self-reflection and mindfulness will allow you to maintain a healthy radiance all year long, and in every season of life.
You’ll come away with:
- An understanding of how skin relates to the rest of the body per Ayurveda
- How to uncover the “root cause” of common skin care issues during the summer season
- How to adjust your skin care rituals to suit different phases of life, including hormonal shifts (puberty, pregnancy), stress, and aging
- Common cooking and medicinal herbs to feed your skin a balanced diet
- Sense-care rituals that allow you to connect with and befriend your skin
Thursday, June 2 (online)
6:30-7:30 pm et
$35, free for members of The Space
(non-members will receive a separate invoice upon registering)