Read the full post here [LINK]
Recipe from VBQ: The Ultimate Vegan Barbecue Cookbook, by Nadine Horn and Jorg Mayer
Refreshing Fruit Salsa
- 1 medium red mango pit removed and diced into 1/4-inch pieces (skin on)
- 2 small peaches pits removed and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cucumber diced (peel on, seeds included)
- 1 red chili pepper seeds removed; keep seeds if you like extra heat
- 1 cup packed finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup packed finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fennel fronds from 1 fennel bulb
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Line a broiler pan with tin foil and arrange fruit on pan. Cook for 15 minutes, rotating halfway through, or until the skin of the fruit is lightly charred. If using a grill, cook using the same method for easy clean-up.
- Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, pepper, and herbs in a medium bowl or container. Squeeze lime over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Allow the fruit to rest until the foil is cool enough to handle. Then transfer the fruit into the bowl with the other ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir gently to combine or cover container and shake. Chill in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving.